Thursday, September 18, 2008

Singapore Trip Part 1

Last week, I and my parent went to Singapore to visit some of my relative there. Since I come from a poor family, therefore I can't afford to take a flight which cost me a lot. So I took our very own public transport to Singapore, which is KTM Malaysia! And yes, it’s the least expensive kind of transportation and also one of the more torturing kinds of transportation. Why? It's because the time you be expecting to reach Singapore is around 8-9 hours or even more.

It’s because there is only one lane for the train for the whole journey. So there will be some delays in between the whole journey in order to let the other train from the other direction to pass by at some station.

To my surprise, there is a 32 inch LCD TV. I thought the person in charge will turn it on and let us watch some movies but until the whole journey the freaking expensive LCD TV was there for “Display Only”. The workers didn’t even turn on for God sake. Maybe it’s just to show that KTM Malaysia did some improvement on their facilities? Think again.

Wow! 32 inch LCD TV. Don't be too happy with it.


This photo tells you a thousand words.


Why not use the money to repair this?!


Why spend almost more than RM20K( example RM2K for an LCD TV, there are 5 coaches, each coach there are 2 LCD TVs. Haven’t plus the money for the DVD players too!) for those

LCD TV’s where the TV’s are just meant for hanging there without even turned on? Those money should be channeled to improve the interior and seats rather than to show that KTM are filthy rich on improving their TV’s.


Arrived at Woodlands Check Point around 9.30pm

The whole journey from KL Sentral to Singapore took me around 8 hours suffering there without any sort of entertainment. Then, at 10pm sharp, I was happily being informed that I arrived at Singapore’s Railway Station.


Yes! Singapore's Railway Station.


My relative waited there for our arrival. Then she took us to Jai Lei food court for a meal. No Satay Mee Hon! =.=” But there is fried prawn mee. Which is so different compared to our Malaysian version of Prawn Mee. Then I and my parent arrived at my relative house at Bedok Reservoir View at 11pm. End of Day One.


Food court.


Fried Prawn Mee.



Bedok Reservoir View, that's where

my relatives are staying.


Continue in part 2.


~Peace~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i like......

Chai HonG said...

I am passing here and I found your blog is quite nice...^v^

Max said...

the prawn nuddle looks sooo nice...