Thursday, September 18, 2008

Singapore Trip Part 2

My relative decided to bring us to a nearby shopping complex in Bedok to have lunch. When I arrived there at a food court named “Food Junction”, it’s only 12.30pm and what I see is hundreds of people already there having their meal. It’s like there isn’t any place for us to seat. I salute to them. They can even place their packets of tissue as a sign of “Place reserved”.

Packed with people.



My relative told me this is Singaporean’s way of getting a seat. You will be scolded if you take their table (if the tables have packets of tissue or umbrella). Here’s an example photo taken in one of the food court.

Place reserved. Lol XD

After my meal, as usual, I went for a walk around the shopping complex and I encounter a Chinese checkers board game. Then, when I looked closely it’s a mooncake.



You will get a shock about the price of the Chinese checkers shaped mooncake.

Yes, it’s S$78. Which is equivalent to RM187.20. (S$78 X RM2.40 =RM 187.20)

o.O Eating gold.

The best Durian and Curry Puff is here.

That’s the most expensive mooncake I ever encounter in my whole life. I got to say people in Singapore are RICH. Many people even bought 2 sets of these mooncakes. No wonder almost every car I seen in Singapore are at least higher class than a Toyota Vios model car.

Those people who bought a Proton car or a Perodua car (which is Malaysian made car are considered the cheapest in their country) in Singapore are considered a lower income person. Here’s a photo of some owner who owns a Proton GEN 2.

Rarely seen one of these cars in Singapore.

I took a couple of pictures when I was on my way back from the complex. This is the same structure and design like our very own “Eye of Malaysia”. In Singapore, this is called “London Eye”. Copycat.

London Eye?

Why not Singapore Eye?
Too Singaporean? Kiasu?

End of Day 2. Continue in Part 3

No comments: