Monday, June 30, 2008

Grandma's 80th Birthday.

Yesterday, my grandma a.k.a grandmother's celebrated her 80th Birthday. So, we celebrated her birthday on a 5 star hotel nearby the TV3/8TV Sri Pentas, nearby 1 Utama.

The grand birthday dinner was held in One World Hotel. Which is a 5 start hotel. Don't play play.

Well, its normal to wear formal cloths when you attend a dinner at a 5 star hotel. So far I had only 3 formal cloths. Orange, green and blue. So for this time I choosed blue. No other colour to choose other than green.

Well, this formal wear seems OK to me.
So, took a picture.

After being dressed neatly it's time to take a picture with the "Queen" of the day, my lovely grandma.


My grandma besides me.
Does she look like 80 years old?

We headed to One World Hotel at 7 pm sharp. It's not my first time attending these kinds of dinner. Unlike my favourite blog reader Ning posting the "big assed" room, chandeliers, pianos, shining marble and etc. It's sound he doesn't even been to a 5 star hotel. Here you can refer to his blog post.

Just skip this boring part, once I entered the Chinese Restaurant, all our relatives are waiting in the room for us. In that room itself, have 3 tables. All of my grandma's relative comes from different places. But mostly from KL and some from Singapore.

1st table.

2nd table. This where I being seated
with bunch of my cousin's best friends.

3rd table. Grandma's sisters and brothers.


It's great for her to reunite with her sisters and brothers and celebrate her 80th birthday.


Grandma with her sisters and brothers.

Later, while waited for almost half and hour for the food to arrive, I snapped a photo of a unique table decorative cutlery set.

Nicely decorated.

Oh yes. The best part of having dinner at 5 star hotel is I get to drink! During the Pulau Redang trip, I only get to drink Shandy. Now, it's my time to drink the red-wine that my aunt purchased. Time for me to get drunk.

My 1st cup.

3 years old red-wine.

Once the first dishes arrived on top of our dining table, everyone that is looked dead are alive once they saw the appetiser dish. Not only me looked alive even my uncle, aunt and everyone seated around me looked alive! Our empty stomach makes us feel like it's the end of the world. Once the appearance of the 1st dish, we feel like is the beginning of the world.

Look, everyone's face expression changed
once the 1st dish was served.

After we had finished our 3rd dishes, I and my cousin Berlin will be giving out a short speech for our beloved grandma. She will be speaking in English, while I will be translating in Hokkien and Chinese version. It turn out to be the worst MC of my life. Even my grandma's 3rd sister is a better MC than me. I feel so......No comment. Then, someone said my grandma looked 18 years old and I said: "No, she ain't looked 18, at least she looked 40." Then my aunt says me "Killjoy"!


Birthday cake.

Later is the cutting cake section. As always, we sang a birthday song of English and Chinese version. Then, blowing and cutting the cake.

Grandma's blowing and cutting the cake.
Then, its time for us to continue eating. I salute my cousin, Berlin who can manged to finish almost 5-6 cups of red-wine. She managed to finished almost a whole bottle of red-wine and still can't get drunk.

Wow Berlin! You sure is an alcoholic.
But you are drinking an empty bottle of red-wine.

I only managed to drink 4-5 cups of red-wine and started drunk. Unlike our Redang trip, some will go topless running around the beach, some even it's drunk doesn't want to admit they are drunk and some just pop on the bed and sleep.



Me and my 2 hot and sexy cousins.

As for me, my cousins and their best friends, we all gathered in the same spot inside of the Restaurant taking pictures of our drunk face or our emo expression.


Emo expression of us. Almost everyone is drunk.
Except for the person on the most right side.

I found out there was stars around the chandelier.

The coolest gang of friends.



Lastly, we had desserts for the last part of the meal. And I laugh out loud.

At far, you won't noticed something.

But at near, you noticed its a genetic
disorder tadpole or anything you
could imagine.

Nah, Berlin, I can see you are having a hard time finishing the last sip of red-wine. At 10.30pm sharp, we head back to our respective houses. It's truely a day to remember my grandma's 80th birthday. Having lots of fun and also meeting new friends!

I can see you are having your toughest times
to finish that sip of red-wine.

Last group pictures of grandma
with her relatives.

That's all from me. ~Peace~

4 comments:

Xiang Ning said...

waittt.....you SURE you weren't wearing your pyjamas?

KLK1989 said...

Wtfudge are you talking about? Obviously it's a formal wear. What makes u think its a pyjamas? Ohh...I know already u r envy because u are not invited to the dinner. Ish..ish...nevermind. Next time when there is a grand dinner, I will invite u ok?

Anonymous said...

drink 1 glass red wine mabuk d ah? lulz

KLK1989 said...

I drank 4-5 glass. My cousin drank almost half of the bottle of red-wine.